Monday, October 26, 2009

Awaiting reply

I've sent this email to a leading newspaper where they have a pullout section for cars. But no one replied since. Hence the email is copied here.

*****************

I'm currently driving Proton Gen-2 1.6 (AT) batch Dec 04. So far, I'm satisfied with the drive & handling. But not the quality of its accessories & electronic systems. It clocked 155k now.

The recent issue with Proton Service Bay where they broke my driver windows while checking for the power windows problems and asking me to pay for the replacement window made me thinking of severing my ties with Proton cars. The other issues I've encountered with this Gen-2, I have experience 4 (2 for rear passanger, 1 front driver, 1 front passanger) faulty power windows problems, 4 drained batteries (almost a battery a year), the exhaust pipe broke, alarm malfunction and central lock malfunction. That's frustrating for me as when I first decided to buy a new car, I'm only thinking of taking care of its service & tyres, not accesories problems like this.

I need your advise on better replacements of my Gen2, new or used non-Proton, sedan cars for my usage. I have 2 small kids. Traveling quite extensively by car for outstation works (Johor to North & East) and frequent balik kampung trips (my parents in Kedah and in-law in Kelantan).

My budget will be around 40k. Also looking for better warranty offer, dedicated service center and low cost spares. Drive & handling compareable to Gen-2 preffered.

Regards,

*************

Feel free to comments. Thanks.

No comments: