Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daring Club & Proton-i-Care

Well, not everyone satisfied with PROTON cars, lack here & there, always low quality etc.

Have you experienced using Proton-I-Care service?

One day, when the Proton-I-Car 24hrs service line just been launched, the service center guy insist to send me to my office the morning I sent my car for regular service. I told him, I'll take a cab, but as there are not too many car for service that day, he asked me to wait and will send me to my office first before they service my car. That's new & encouraging to me.

While waiting, the lady service assistant offered me to sign up for Daring Card. This is exclusively for new Proton owners, at first it come together for those who purchase new model, but to expand the membership, she offered it to me. Free.

I sign up, got the card instantly and my service charge fee was discounted for 20%. Spare parts also come with 10% discount at Proton Edar service center.

I've been calling Proton-I-Care every time when the flat battery happened. Normally they will charge a service fee of RM32 just for attending to rectify the problems & jump start my car. But with Daring Club, its free.

Other benefits are free towing service up to RM300, free safety inspection & other promotion from time to time.

My opinion on Proton-i-Care support for breakdown responses: If it happened during the day, nearest service center will come to help you. That will take 15mins or 1 hour depending on your locality. If it happened during the night, then they will have a stand-by technician working throughout the night. Sadly, he covers the whole state. Imagine if they have 2 calls that night, one in Mersing and the other one in Pontian. Then it will be 3-4 hours waiting time.


1 comment:

loveisgreat said...

i just serviced my car today, and applied daring card there n then, but the service attendant said i am not eligible for the discount, as it takes 4 weeks to approve my application. bad. :(